Tuesday, April 15, 2008

50. Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue

Found On: Killer On The Rampage (1983)

My mom bought me the 45 of this song and I LOVED it. It’s no wonder why it appealed to my 6-year-old self. Eddy Grant looked like a Muppet, the synth part sounds like it’s being played by Jabba the Hutt’s house band and Electric Avenue seems to be the likely location of the Electric Company. Listening to it now, I’m struck by the social conscience (“dealing in multiplication and they still can’t feed everyone”) and the potential drug references (“and then we take it higher”).

2 comments:

80s Music said...

This is a great list of 80s Songs!

Unknown said...

Gran entrada en el blog . Yo solía ser comprobando continuamente este blog y estoy impresionado! Información extremadamente útil especialmente la fase de cierre :) me ocupo de tal información mucho. Solía ​​ser la búsqueda de esta información particular para un muy largo tiempo. Gracias y buena suerte.
Best italian romantic singers